Sparlin Mental Health (Sparlin) provides high-quality mental health services for individuals and families in the St. Louis community. It is our goal to empower clients to achieve their personal best by resolving emotional difficulties such as depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), emotional intensity and suicidal behaviors.
What sets us apart is that we use techniques and treatments that work, are scientifically validated and effective. Our therapists and mental health professionals treat every client with compassion and construct an individualized approach that has lasting results. It is our belief that every mental health plan should be:
- Evidence-based, because the public is entitled to interventions that are scientifically proven to help;
- Trauma-informed, so that those exposed to traumatic experiences receive a level of care that understands this impact; and
- Person-centered, because consumers of mental health services deserve an inclusive experience with strong, caring and empathic mental health professionals.
At Sparlin, our clients’ success is anchored in unique programming, a collaborative approach, state-of-the-art interventions and hope.
The mental health professionals at Sparlin are guided by principles that help create a work culture that impacts our employees, clients and the community. These principles include:
- Compassion: Lead with compassion, understanding and empathic response.
- Accountability: Encourage growth and development of specific competencies by honoring commitments.
- Empowerment: Lead in a way that promotes development, initiative and opportunities for advancement.
- Quality: Strive for superior quality experiences for employees and clients.
- Clarity: Approach work through an effective, organized, timely and intentional manner.
- Mindfulness: Pay attention — on purpose — to the current moment.
Our History and Mission
In 2009, Nancy D. Spargo, AM, LCSW, and Ryan R. Lindsay, MSW, LCSW, banded together to achieve one mission: to improve the access and quality of mental health services available for people who need them most.
Coming from two different backgrounds, but with similar dispositions, Nancy and Ryan founded St. Louis Center for Family Development (STLCFD). It was the culmination of Nancy’s years of clinical expertise in trauma treatment and Ryan’s extensive training in state-of-the-art interventions. Together, they introduced evidence-based treatments and practices in Missouri at a time when they were not widely used or talked about in the state.
To honor the company’s 10th anniversary in 2019, STLCFD officially rebranded to become Sparlin Mental Health (Sparlin). The new name not only paid homage to the company’s founders, it also planted the foundation for the organization’s future.
Sparlin’s three pillars of impact will remain the same and includes direct mental health services, training and consultation for organizations, and advocacy efforts. We will also remain a leader in providing exceptional mental health services for individuals and families, improving provider and organizational competencies in delivering exception care, and advocating for better access to quality mental health services.
Our vision is that all communities will have access to high-quality, culturally-responsive and effective mental health services.
What We Do
The mental health professionals at Sparlin help adults, children and families suffering from a range of mental health and emotional issues. To learn more about some of these issues, visit the following links:
- Anxiety and OCD
- Self-Injury and Suicidality
- Emotional Intensity and Borderline Personality Disorder
- Relationship Difficulties