- This event has passed.
Leadership Academy for Trauma Informed Care
February 21 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$150
Training Date: Friday, February 21, 2020
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Cost: $150 (Includes 7 CEUs)
Additional Group Learning Labs:
- Friday, February 28, 2020 from 8:30 to 10a.m.
- Friday, March 6, 2020 from 8:30 to 10a.m.
Is your human service organization ready to shift to a trauma informed approach?
A trauma informed approach takes more than training your employees and adapting your programs. It takes a shift in the roles, structures and processes from your organization’s administrative functions to the more clinical work.
This seminar explores the journey of becoming trauma informed through topics such as:
- How to implement a specific plan of action.
- Identify potential obstacles and barriers.
- Importance of evaluating growth and change to recognize the results.
- Develop training curriculum for new employee onboarding and continued training of current employees.
Trauma informed care is reflected in every aspect of the organizational culture, and therefore needs to be incorporated accordingly.
The full-day, 8-hour seminar will be supplemented with two sessions of group consultation for optimum application of the theory within the individual organizations.
Includes 7 CEU hours. CEU certificates will be provided.
About the Facilitator: Nancy D. Spargo, AM, LCSW
Nancy Spargo co-founded Sparlin Mental Health in January 2009, where she currently serves as CEO. In this role, she provides Trauma-Informed Training to colleagues and organizations throughout the state of Missouri. She also advocates for improved quality and accessibility to mental health services. To learn more about Nancy, please click here.