- This event has passed.
Toolkit for Trauma Informed Interventions
September 20, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$120
- Dates: Friday, September 20 and Friday, September 27, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Price: $120 (includes 8 CEU hours)
- Location: Sparlin Mental Health
What’s in your toolbox?
As direct service providers and supervisors, we all aspire to ongoing professional growth and development. We also know that a trauma-informed approach enables us to be more effective.
How do we know what that looks like? How do we put this approach into practice? How would my interactions be different?
This two-day training will explore:
- the messages traumatic experiences give to individuals and communities,
- the essential elements for how to recognize and respond to trauma when present through behaviors, relationships and attitudes,
- and last but not least, specific guidelines for interacting with anyone who has a trauma history.
This training will not teach specific treatment models. Instead it will teach you an approach, and give you new tools, new perspectives, and new interventions for working with people. We will also briefly address vicarious trauma with some basic assessment tools and self- care strategies.
Who would benefit from this training? Whether you are in the medical field, child welfare, education, youth development, mental health, law enforcement, early childhood or some other human service, this training is for you!
Participation fulfills the State of Missouri requirements for 8 clock hours of training. CEU certificates will be provided.